Tuesday 30 September 2008

Character Look-Backs #2

Jack: "He told me that it was my fault for leaving..."

Welcome to the second part of the character look backs, which take a travel back in time and try to glimpse in to the future for the character in question. For this segment, we look at our resident Iraqi and our loveable redneck.

James "Sawyer" Ford started off as a conman off the Island, and wound up in love twice. Once with Cassidy Phillips and now with Katherine Austen. A man on a mssion to get revenge on the man who conned his parents, who was known by another name, and was connected to a fellow Lostie. In season three, he finally managed to get back at Antony Cooper whom he strangled with some chain from The Black Rock. He had a strange journey in season four, odd times with Kate, and then protecting Claire and almost becoming an Oceanic Seventh. I think that season five will see him take on a semi-leader role as Hurley appointed him to the post briefly when Jack was away. As for the whole Jate/Skate/Jacket arguments, I could not care either way who ends up with who in that warped triangle with extra twizzles on the end. I'm unsure as to what loose ends we really have left to wrap up in his story besides his daughter. I'm also unsure as to what the reaction would have been were he Jeremy Bentham, the man in the coffin.

Now on to Sayid, who went from the "terrorist" everyone assumed had something to do with the crash, to the guy that every Lost fan would want on their side in a fight. Smart, cunning and in Shannon's eyes, sexy, Sayid took a supposed dark turn after leaving The Island and ended up working for Benjamin Linus. The true nature of why he keeps working for him is not yet unveiled to us. In season five, I think he will help everyone else in their return to The Island, as he already recruited Hurley to join him. Though as he and Locke never saw eye to eye I am confused as to why he is returning. Nevertheless, I am sure I will enjoy the journey.

That being said, come back again when I shall chat about two more characters, though am currently unsure which two.