Thursday 14 May 2009

There was…an incident

I’ll be watching the Lost finale pretty soon, so I’m going to make some predictions, if you’re going to make any comments, please leave ‘em spoiler free for a few hours.

Jinseason5Sayidseason5 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Either Jin or Sayid will die in the finale. Sayid’s story is easily over by now, and after Sun & Jin reunite there’s a possibility that he could die. Darlton have said that the death in the finale, will be “reminiscent of Charlie’s death”, and I know people that are still torn up by that, so I’m not sure that they can top the emotion that some people felt to his death with those two characters, but I think they will be able to top it with:

107876_D_0892Juliet has become a good character over the past two seasons. Silently snuck in during season three, she wasn’t liked initially, but avoided a Nikki/Paulo situation by allying herself with Jack, and now she’s allied with Sawyer. Suliet (the Sawyer & Juliet relationship) has been fitting during the season, and I was glad that she has come in to her own as a character. Unfortunately it does remind me of Charlie, wherein I disliked his character starting around season three and then Desmond said he’d die, and I was intrigued and then saddened when he did drown. Don’t let Juliet die.

Onwards to people’s plans – Jack’s plan first:

jughead Jack plans to detonate Jughead, but as we’ve seen in the trailers, he only needs a small part of it in order to get the job done. He plans to follow Faraday’s instructions from his journal and stop Oceanic Flight 815 from crashing. Would this erase all the stuff they’ve been through on The Island? I don’t think so. No matter what happens, it’s your present. Even if they end back up on the plane and don’t crash, he’ll still remember everything that happened there. Jack’s plan will not work.

I’m disappointed that the reason he came back to The Island seems to be for Kate. I’m not a big shipping fan, maybe some people still appreciate Jate & Skate, but I’m not one of them. I was fed up of it around the middle of season three. Though I think Jack’s plan won’t work, something will happen with Jack and co. to cause The Incident. I’m just not sure what.

Now, on to Locke’s plan:

jacobTo kill Jacob. WHAT?! Can you even kill Jacob? As we saw, Locke seems to be the only person who has ever truly seen Jacob, yet he is assigning Ben the task of killing him. My friend @benjirino thinks that by “killing” Jacob, it may instead free him from where he is trapped, as he asked Locke to “help me”.

However, Richard seems to be reacting a little strange in a trailer for the episode, claiming that there can only be “one leader of The Island”  so whether it allows whoever kills Jacob to become the new leader of The Island or if it allows them to take Richard’s position of “advisor” which he’s held for a very, very long time. Locke’s plan will succeed.

I know the episode is going to be amazing, and I only have a few more hours to wait and see it.